Learn DSLR Filming:
We believe that DSLR Filming is fast becoming a skill that is expected of professional ‘photographers’. More and more photographers are being asked if they can record certain elements of a shoot and provide some video footage – particularly corporate and commercial clients.
Stills To Video
The good news is that it is easier to go from stills to DSLR Filming than the other way around and all of your photography composition knowledge will ensure you skilfully frame your footage from the outset. And the same understanding of light is required for flattering or dramatic effects. It is, of course, a different discipline with its own technical skills and understanding the basics of filming is essential to ensure quality, smooth results.
Getting Started with DSLR Filming
This is why 2 days of the Foundation Programme are dedicated to ‘Getting Started with DSLR Filmin ’ and the content is exactly what we offer on the 1-day workshop with the addition of a location shoot to put the new skills into practice. This year we worked with a local barber shop (Mark Green Scissors Barber) that had just launched and offered to create them a short promotional film that they could use for social media and marketing purposes.
Whilst Brent was DSLR filming I was either assisting with some additional lighting or taking a few stills to complement the finished film. Brent ended up also creating an animated brand title for Mark.
Learn to Film on DSLR Workshop
The 1 day Getting Started with DSLR Filming workshop content covers:
• natural and artificial lighting techniques
• DSLR film camera settings for filming
• equipment for filming – the essentials versus the nice to have!
• audio and music considerations
• filming techniques – all the key shooting tricks that give movement and interest to your filming
• post-production – Brent edits using Apple Final Cut Pro X and gives a full introduction to the suite and what it is capable of