Successfully photographing children on location is much harder than people initially think. I will share my experience in planning, managing and executing shoots – both in theory and in practice with a portfolio building session in the stunning grounds of Stowe.
During the morning we will look at the importance of marketing, pricing strategies, lens and metering choices and of course we will be discussing how to work successfully with natural light on location. After a hearty lunch we will head to Stowe Landscape Gardens where we will be photographing children on location in the beautiful grounds – putting into practice the theory about light, lenses, metering, posing etc that we learnt in the morning. At the end of day we will discuss the importance of consistent post productin and efficient workflow.
PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP CONTENT:
- SEO and Marketing for children’s photography
- The importance of location and wardrobe choice
- Composition tips and colour theory
- The different types of natural light and how to expose for them
- Lens choice and why
- How to get natural expression and direct on location
- How to handle bright sunshine
- Why post-production and efficient workflow is so important
- How to price yourself and your products